Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Project 1: Sound Journey

For this project I was thinking about capturing the journey a wildlife photographer would undergo when pursuing a subject. I personally study photography and I always find the journey one travels in the process of getting that perfect shot to be interesting and unique every time. In photography I believe that it is really the journey and the personal interaction the photographer experiences while shooting that gives photographs a life or essence which is so captivating for the intended audience. So with that in mind I thought about three possible locations I would want my wildlife photographer to potentially travel to. The three locations I'm deciding between are Alaska, Africa, and the Rainforest. If the location is Alaska I want to gather sounds such as snow crunching, wind, running water, trees rustling and the sound of the camera's shutter opening and closing. If the location is Africa I want to collect sounds such as hooves hitting the ground, jeep noises, tribal drums/other instruments, and again the sound of the camera's shutter opening and closing. Finally if the location is in the Rainforest I want sounds of rain falling down on leaves, rustling of trees and other plant life, birds singing, feet walking through underbrush, and the opening and closing of the camera's shutter.

No comments: