Friday, February 16, 2007

Dadaist Movement

I apologize for the delay but I have not been able to post my blog because the site is down and I have not been able to continue reviewing the Dadaist work.

The Dadaist movement shows an interesting twist on traditional works of art and started a technique or way of working that has continued into the present. The Dadaist work was new and experimental during its time but now I believe that this type of work is becoming more widely accepted and used today. The abstraction that is found in the work makes viewers think more about what the piece is really supposed to be saying. I think that is a concept that people want to see in artwork and that is why we are still seeing such work being produced. I think it is interesting how Dadaist never wanted to fall into the category of a movement or be tied down by labels yet anytime you start something with a goal or intent it will naturally come with labels. Also if it is meant to be continued by generations to follow there has to be something for them to follow in the first place. The Dadaist wanted to be free thinkers who were not hindered by the things that held back artist of the past but during that process they themselves created an art movement just as had been done many times before them.


No comments: