Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Postcard Proposal


" LADY DAY "
"If you hear a song in blue like a flower crying for the dew. That was my heart serenading you. My prelude to a kiss. "
Prelude to a Kiss
By: Billie Holiday


For my postcard project I want use Billie Holiday and Adrienne Rich. The images above are some of Billie Holiday herself and I have included a short lyrical clip from one of her many songs. I will use these as inspiration for the imagery that will appear on the postcard. I have not found as much information on Adrienne Rich that I want to use yet. I hope to pull from some of her poems and to use imagery that reflects the ideas presented in her work. Both of these women lived during the same time period and had a cultural impact on society. I have not fully decided on what kind of relationship I want to develop between them but I am leaning towards the idea of expressing their success in setting an example of what women are capable of despite the obstacles.

No comments: